- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- In a saucepan, combine the Liquid Smoke, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and water. Bring to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the peanuts. Let the peanuts sit in the liquid for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain off the liquid, and spread the peanuts in a shallow roasting pan. Bake for at least 1 hour, or until good and dry. (Stir occasionally to help speed up the process.)
- When the peanuts are thoroughly dry, melt the butter and stir it into the peanuts to coat. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
Yield: 3 servings, each with 16 grams of carbohydrates and 6 grams of fiber, for a total of 10 grams of usable carbs and 17 grams of protein.