Classic Deviled Eggs
These are everybody's potluck supper favorite.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- Slice the eggs in half, and carefully remove the yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, and salt, and mix until creamy.
- Spoon the mixture back into the hollows in the egg whites. Sprinkle with a little paprika for color.
Yield: 12 halves, each with a trace of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 3 grams of protein.