Crab and Bacon Bundles
This quick, hot hors d'oeuvre will impress your guests.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crab, drained
- 1 scallion, finely minced
- 1/2 pound bacon
- Duck Sauce
- Flake the crab, removing any bits of shell or cartilage. Stir in the minced scallion, and set aside.
- Cut all your bacon strips in half crosswise, to make two shorter strips. Place a rounded 1/2 teaspoon or so of the crab mixture on the end of a bacon strip, and roll the strip up around it, stretching the bacon slightly as you go. Pierce the bundle with a toothpick, to hold. Repeat until all the crab and bacon strips are used up.
- Broil about 8 inches from heat, turning once or twice, until the bacon is crisp-no more than 10 minutes. Serve with Duck Sauce for dipping.
Yield: About 2 dozen servings, each with only a trace of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 4 grams of protein. (Analysis does not include Duck Sauce.)