If you want to simplify this recipe, use store-bought Buffalo Wing sauce instead of the mixture of dry spices. Most wing sauces don't have any sugar in them and are quite low in carbs.
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 pounds chicken wings, cut into drumettes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the pepper, oregano, curry, paprika, and thyme well in a bowl.
- Arrange the wings in a shallow baking pan, and sprinkle the mixture evenly over them, turning to coat both sides.
- Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, or until crisp. Serve with the traditional accompaniments of ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, if desired.
Yield: About 24 pieces, each with a trace of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 4 grams of protein.