Curried and buttery and good!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 scallion, including the crisp part of the green shoot, finely minced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Slice the eggs in half, and carefully remove the yolks into a mixing bowl.
- In a small, heavy skillet over low heat, melt the butter. Add the curry powder and garlic, and stir for 2 minutes.
- Scrape the butter mixture into the yolks. Stir in the scallion, mayonnaise, Tabasco, and salt, and mix until creamy.
- Spoon the mixture back into the hollows in the egg whites.
Yield: 12 halves, each with 1 gram of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 3 grams of protein.