- 8 ounces liverwurst (use the best you can find)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Stuffed olives to garnish
- Mix the liverwurst, half the cream cheese, the onion, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce, combining well.
- Form a mound of pate in the center of a serving dish. Place the dish and pate in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Frost with the remaining softened cream cheese.
- Slice a few green olives stuffed with pimentos so the green is a circle on the outside with the red pimento on the inside. Arrange them on the outside of the mound as a garnish, and serve with low-carb crackers and veggies.
Yield: Just over a pound of pate, or 16 servings, each with 1 gram of carbohydrates, almost no fiber, and 3 grams of protein. Four stuffed olives contain about 3 grams of carbohydrates, very little fiber, and no protein.