Lowcarbezine! reader Maggie Cosey sends this recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds large mushrooms
- 20 stuffed green olives
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove their stems.
- Chop the olives by hand or in a food processor.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olives, cream cheese, and Worcestershire sauce. (Be careful with the Worcestershire; there's a fine line between not enough and too much, it's better to err on the side of not enough.)
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps, and place them in a broiler pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cream cheese is slightly browned.
Yield: About 45 mushrooms, each with 1 gram of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 1 gram of protein.