- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons very finely minced sweet red onion
- 5 drops Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- Slice the eggs in half, and carefully remove the yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, onion, Tabasco, and salt, and mix until creamy.
- Spoon the mixture back into the hollows in the egg whites.
Yield: 12 ha Ives, each with a trace of ca rbohyd rates, a trace of fi ber, and 3 grams of protein.