Punks on the Range
Spicy-chili-crunchy. If you miss barbecue-flavored potato chips, try snacking on these.
- 2 cups raw, shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin seeds and canola oil, and stir until well coated. Add the chili powder and salt, and stir again.
- Spread the seeds in a shallow roasting pan, and roast for about 30 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings, each with 13 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber, for a total of 10 grams of usable carbs and 17 grams of protein.