Turkey-Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the turkey, Parmesan, mayonnaise, oregano, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper, mixing very well.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth, and remove their stems.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps, and place them in a shallow roasting pan. Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake for 20 minutes, and serve hot.
Yield: About 45 mushrooms, each with 1 gram of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 3 grams of protein