Two-Cheese Tuna-Stuffed Mushrooms
Of all the stuffed mushrooms I've cooked or sampled, these are my absolute favorites.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1 can tuna
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth, and remove their stems.
- Combine the tuna, Gouda, Parmesan, mayonnaise, and minced scallion, and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps, and arrange them in a shallow roasting pan. Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes and serve hot.
Yield: About 15 servings, each with 1 gram of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 4 grams of protein.