Vicki's Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
- 10 ounces medium portobello mushrooms
- 2 Wasa Fi ber Rye crackers
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated onion flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth, and remove their stems. Set aside 1/2 cup of stems. Place the caps on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Use a food processor with the S blade attached to grind the crackers into coarse crumbs. Add the 1/2 cup of mushroom stems, processing until coarsely chopped. Add the crabmeat, egg, lemon juice, dill, onion, and cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the top of the stuffing is slightly browned. Serve hot.
Yield: 6 appetizer-size servings, each with 4.5 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 3.5 grams of usable carbs and 10 grams of protein.