I like to use this combination of nuts, but feel free to use just one or the other, or to experiment with your own proportions.
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup shelled pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Spread the nuts in a shallow baking pan, and stir in the butter, coating all the nuts.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Roast for another 10 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings, each with 6 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 4 grams of usable carbs and 3 grams of protein.