Pumpkin seeds are terrific for you-they're a great source of both magnesium and zinc. And they taste great, too.
- 2 cups raw, shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons Splenda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin seeds, soy sauce, ginger, and Splenda, mixing well.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds in a shallow roasting pan, and roast for about 45 minutes, or until the seeds are dry, stirring two or three times during roasting.
Yield: 4 servings, each with 13 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber, for a total of 10 grams of usable carbs and 17 grams of protein. (These are also a terrific source of minerals).