Avocado Cheese Dip
This dip has been known to make my mom a very popular person at parties. Dip with pork rinds, vegetables, or purchased protein chips. It can also be served over steak, and it makes perhaps the most elegant omelets on the face of the earth.
- 2 packages (8 ou nces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 ripe black avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can (3 to 4 ounces) green chilies, drained, or jalapenos, if you like it hot
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, and process until very smooth.
- Scrape into a pretty serving bowl, and place the avocado seed in the middle.
For some reason, placing the seed in the middle keeps the dip from turning brown quite so quickly while it sits out. But if you're making this a few hours ahead of time, cover it with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap is actually touching the surface of the dip. Don't make this more than a few hours before you plan to serve it.
Yield: About 5 cups (plenty for a good-size party), with the batch containing 45 grams of carbohydrates and 9 grams of fiber, for a total of 36 grams of usable carbs and a whopping 83 grams of protein.