Bacon Cheese Spread
Another recipe from Jen Eloff's Splendid Low-Carbing. Jen, of sweety.com, says, "Your friends will beg you for this recipe!"
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or scallions
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor with the S blade in place or in a blender, process the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese mixture, Cheddar, chives, parsley, and garlic powder until well combined. Spread the mixture evenly on the bottom of a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut the cooked bacon into small pieces. Garnish the top of the cheese spread with the bacon pieces, and bake for 15 minutes. Serve with low-carb crackers.
Yield: 12 servings, each with 2 grams of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 7 grams of protein.