Celery Stuffed with Bleu Cheese and Cream Cheese
Lowcarbezine! reader Jeannette Regas sends this easy low-carb crowd-pleaser.
- 5 or 6 large ribs of celery
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese, at room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- Heavy cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Clean the ribs of celery, and cut them into 3- to 4-inch pieces.
- Mix the crumbled bleu cheese with the cream cheese, adding a little cream to make it smooth, if necessary. Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff into celery, and serve.
Yield: 15 to 18 pieces, each with 1 gram of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 2 grams of protein