This recipe requires a food processor, so if you only have a tiny one, cut the recipe in half. Despite the name, these are not sweet; they're more like cheese crackers.
- 1/2 pound processed American loaf cheese, like Velveeta (store brand works fine)
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cu p soy powd er
- About 6 dozen pecan or walnut halves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the loaf cheese, Cheddar, and butter into chunks.
- Put the cheese chunks, butter, and soy powder in the food processor, and pulse until the dough is well combined.
- Coat a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the cookie sheet, and press half a pecan or walnut in the top of each one (if using).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies are just getting brown around the edges.
Yield: This will depend on how big you make your cookies. I make mine small and get 6 dozen, each with 1 gram of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 2 grams of protein.