With some celery sticks and pepper strips for scooping, this would make a good lunch. Of course you can serve it at parties, too, with celery, green pepper, cucumber rounds, or fiber crackers for you and crackers or chips for the non low-carbers.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 to 10 scallions, including the crisp part of the green shoot, minced
- 2 cans (6 1/2 ounces each) minced clams, drained
- Salt or Vege-Sal
Combine all the ingredients well, and chill. A food processor or blender works well for this, or if you prefer to leave chunks of clam, you could use an electric mixer.
Yield: 12 servings, each with just under 4 grams of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 10 grams of protein.