Deviled ham gives these eggs a country sort of kick.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) of deviled ham
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Slice the eggs in half, and carefully remove the yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in the ham, mustard, mayonnaise, and salt, and mix until creamy.
- Spoon the mixture back into the hollows in the egg whites. Sprinkle with a little paprika for color.
Yield: Makes 12 halves, each with 1 gram of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 4 grams of protein.