You can actually buy curry-flavored pumpkin seeds, but these are better tasting and better for you.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups raw, shelled pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the curry and garlic, and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add the seasoned butter to the pumpkin seeds, and stir until well coated .
- Spread the pumpkin seeds in a shallow roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
Yield: 4 servings, each with 15 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 11 grams of usable carbs and 18 grams of protein.
In addition to all the minerals found in the pumpkin seeds, you get the turmeric in the curry powder, which is believed to help prevent cancer.