I adore roast lamb, and the leftovers are way too good to waste! This is very hearty, and would make a great quick supper.
- 1/4 pound leftover roast lamb, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a food processor with the S blade in place, grind the lamb and the onion together. When you have a pretty uniform consistency, add the Parmesan, mayonnaise, and horseradish, and pulse until everything is combined. Place in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on 50 percent power for just 1 minute or so, to warm through.
- Make your omelet according to Dana's Easy Omelet Method (Klik Omelets 101), placing the lamb mixture evenly over half of your omelet when you get to step 6. (over, turn the burner to low, and cook until the eggs are set (60 to 90 seconds). Follow the directions to finish making the omelet.
Yield: 1 serving, with 6 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 5 grams of usable carbs and 38 grams of protein.