Lowcarbezine! reader Pat Moriarty says, "This is my all-time favorite!"
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 dash red pepper sauce
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, gently shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and heavy cream together until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the onion, lemon juice, and red pepper sauce. Gently fold in the smoked salmon and mashed avocado, being careful not to over-mix.
- Serve with cucumber, celery, your choice of low-carb crackers, or pork rinds.
Yield: 6 servings, each with 4 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 3 grams of usable carbs and 7 grams of protein